Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mustard seed (Matthew 17:20)


2/18/10 Lord I feel like I am on a journey of faith. Is faith something you give or is it something that I need to produce within myself? I‘m not sure . I feel like I have a wrong view of faith. Do I have faith that you Lord God will restore my marriage? I have faith that you can restore my marriage, but will you? That’s another question. Whether or not it is your will that xxxx and I are back together , still doesn‘t mean we will be back together. You gave us the capacity to have free will and we can choose your will or our will be done. I do believe if we choose our will, we are in for a lot of heart ache and pain. I see in your word that we are to ask in faith and you will do it.? My problem is when I ask for something in faith am I taking in to consideration your perfect will and mans freedom to choose (or not choose) your perfect will?(John 14:14 )“You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.” If I ask for a restored marriage in your name does that mean You lord will do it? “ "Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours” ( Mark 11:22-24). If I ask for a restored marriage in prayer does that mean You lord will do it? Matthew 17:20 "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you.” If I ask for a restored marriage in faith even if it is as small as a mustard seed, does that mean You lord will do it? I think I am searching for the Genie in a bottle or Aladdin’s lamp. “I will grant you 3 wishes” ( that‘s what I want to hear?). Lord you are not someone who can be figured out. I cannot put you in a bottle and command you to grant me my requests. What I do know that you care for me and you hear every word I pray, see every tear I cry, and you know my inner being, how I yearn/groan in my heart for a restored marriage . I pray that you would take George out of the picture. I pray that you would bring xxxx back to you. I pray that you Lord Jesus will restore my marriage, but most of all I pray for your will be done. To confess something in my heart=== most of the time I want my will not yours God. I think a lot of times I put xxxx on the thrown where you should be Lord Jesus. Forgive me for often going to a false reality instead of the reality of YOU! The one thing I do know about faith is that faith in you is never wrong. I have faith that you will do what is best for me and you will work out all things for good in the end. Lord increase my faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment