Tuesday, February 16, 2010

“I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” (Mark 9:24)


2/16/10 " But to the sons of Kohath he gave none, because theirs was the service of the holy things, which they carried on their shoulders." (Numbers 7:9)The leaders of Israel gave items to be "used in doing the work of the tabernacle of meeting"(numbers7:5). They gave carts and oxen to transport the tabernacle and all of its items. Each family was given carts and oxen according to how much they had to transport. The one exception was the sons of Kohath which received no cart or oxen. They were to carry the holy things on their shoulders. God had prescribed that the holy items in the tabernacle were to be carried and not carted around as the common items were. God wanted all to see that there was a difference between the common places in the tabernacle and the items in the holy of holies. In the same way I need to carry or present God to others in a place of honor and not as the world does. The world seems to blame God whenever some catastrophe strikes even though they don't acknowledge him otherwise. "It’s an act of god" would be a common phrase. Another is "If God is in control then why didn’t he...". Yet when the sun comes up isn't that an act of God? The birth of a baby isn't that an act of God. I'm going through a lot of things in my marriage and a possible divorce. I don't think I am holding God up as I should. I'm putting my situation in a cart being pulled by oxen as the world does, instead of lifting God up in the place of honor. Divorce or no divorce I need to praise God."My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees"(Psalm 19:71). Lord may I praise You in the good and the bad. Nothing takes you by surprise Lord God. I know that if this divorce does happen You will cause "everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them"( Romans 8:28). Lord God I believe that you will work it out for good. I know nothing is impossible for you. (Mark 9:24)...“I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!” Increase my faith Lord!!! Lord I still think that it is possible for you to change xxxx's heart. I believe we can be reconciled and through this trial we can give you glory. Jesus please restore my marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment