Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Faith? (Mark 9:23-24)

2/23/10 I was thinking today how my faith has changed from when I first became a Christian. The first 5 years I would pray for someone or something and I would expect it to happen. I had the faith that moved mountains. I’m not sure what kind of faith I have now. I will pray and believe that God can do it, but will He? I pray for the restoration of my marriage and I believe that it is his will that we are to be together, BUT I also know that he gave us free will. We can choose to do his will and reap the blessings and benefits or we can go on our own and reap the consequences of our disobedience. So now when I pray for the restoration of my marriage I believe in faith that God will do it BUT…. LORD Jesus I pray that you would increase my faith. I want a faith that is able to move mountains. A faith that is unwavering and undoubting. Lord please restore the faith of my youth, Where all things are possible with you. Mark 9:23-24" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!"

No comments:

Post a Comment