Sunday, February 7, 2010

"One flesh?" (Matthew 19:5)

2/06/10 Lord Gods I sent xxx a flower arrangement for valentines day. Jessie said to me did God tell me to do it (He would often tell me to do something and I would tell I need God to tell me to do it).I told him that she is still my wife and God didn't tell me not to. God is there anything wrong with me sending her these flowers? I know it's a copout when I say that You didn't tell me not to. Lord i think my giving her these gifts is my way of telling/showing her i love her and I’m sure that there is competition with George(I think I hate that name). Lord please give me the strength endure my thinking about xxx and that guy together. Matthew 19:4Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' 5and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? 6So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate." Lord I know that you do not want xxxx and xxxxxx to be divorced. I know that your word says that you hate divorce( Malachi 2:16). I do know that further on in that same chapter you do give a way out and allow for divorce. Matthew 19:8Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." Jesus says it is permitted, but He doesn't say it should be done or is it recommended. Lord I pray that you would soften xxxx's heart. I pray that you would open a door so we can have good open conversations. Notice I put a "S" at the end of conversation? Lord i want what we have only had in short little spurts which is open conversation. Lord you said you would fight for me I just want to know when you want me to act and just be still. My natural inclination is to try to fix things. Lord give me the patience to wait on you. Help me to and direct me as you did the Israelites by a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. There was no doubt in their minds that you were directing them. (Exodus 13:21) "The Lord went ahead of them. He guided them during the day with a pillar of cloud, and he provided light at night with a pillar of fire. This allowed them to travel by day or by night. 22 And the Lord did not remove the pillar of cloud or pillar of fire from its place in front of the people." Lord please be my shade by day and my light in darkness in times of walking in the most desolate desert of life. Your grace is sufficient for me, sufficient is your grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment