Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Who Am I in Christ? (Colossians 2:10)


Who Am I in Christ?
2 Corinthians 5:17 “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!” The word new can be translated in the original language as: new or fresh and the word Creation can be translated as: the act or the product. So I am a new fresh created product in Christ Jesus. I’m not a refurbished creation, but a new one still in the box! I am a one of a kind original work of art created to do good works(eph 2:10)and there is nothing lacking in me “you are complete in Him, who is the head of all principality and power.”(col 2:10). The word Complete can also mean: to fill to the full. The word in can be translated as: by or with, and the word HIM in the context of this verse means the person of Jesus. This verse can also read : I am filled to the full with or by Jesus Christ, who is the head of all principality and power. Jesus is the supreme leader the one who is in charge. There is no co-managers or co-leaders, He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. If I am filled to the full with Jesus, then there is nothing lacking in me. Lord God I believe that the bible is Your word. It is infallible and can be trusted as the inspired WORD OF GOD. I believe all of the promises in the bible and that they apply to me! Personally! I hear you speak to me daily and I thank you that you guide and direct me. Thank you Jesus! I’m not sure if I will ever grasp the magnitude of who you are Lord Jesus and who I am in you. “Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely.” (1 Corinthians 13:12 NLT) Who am I in Christ? I’m not exactly sure. What I do know is that Christ is in me!!!!

1 comment: