Thursday, March 11, 2010

Splinters in My Eyes ( Numbers 33:55)

3/11/10 Numbers 33:55 "But if you fail to drive out the people who live in the land, those who remain will be like splinters in your eyes and thorns in your sides. They will harass you in the land where you live." I am amazed how much God speaks to me in His word. I feel like He often tells me something and I have a choice to listen or continue in the same destructive path that I am following. It would save me a lot of pain if I would just listen to the Lord. Numbers 33: 55 Speaks of when the Israelites conquer and posses the promised land, that they need to totally drive out the people from that land. The warning from God is that if they don’t get rid of the people, then there possession of the land will be filled with heart ach and spiritual oppression. In the same way God warns me for a reason. He wants me to be obedient . He’s warns me not because he wants me to miss out on something, but because He doesn’t want me to miss out on something. That something is peace and freedom in my heart and mind. My friend Jessie says “ you are letting that sin take up space in your mind.” If sin is taking up space in my mind then there is less space for God. Whatever sin I am dwelling on is effects me both spiritually, mentally, and physically. My whole being is effected when I go against God’s perfect will for my life. I have to get rid of sin myself! God won’t do it for me. God will give me the power to do it, but He will not just take it away( as I would often pray). There is work and responsibility on my part, then God gives me the tools and strength to do it. Doing a simple Concordance word study we see what the words mean in the original language : But if you fail to drive out = to cause to possess or inherit *the people who live =to sit down to marry (give an dwelling to) in the land = space or distance of country (in measurements of distance) those who remain = to excel, show pre-eminence will be like splinters =thorn in your eyes =of mental and spiritual faculties thorns in your sides=thorn, prick They will harass= to bind, tie up, shut up you in the land = whole earth (as opposed to a part) *where you live= to marry (give an dwelling to) If I fail to drive out the sin in my body(land) the sin will possess, sit down, and dwell with me. Then if I let sin remain, it will show pre-eminence in my life. Sin will be like a thorn in my eyes and will effect me mentally and spiritually. I will be harassed and bound by my sin and it will tie me and shut me up. My whole being will be effected by my sinful desires and it will be as if I have become one with sin like in marriage. Lord God I thank you for your word. You are truly “a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.” (Psalms 119:105) You are directing me through every aspect of my life, and I know if you are guiding me that you will make my paths straight. I thank you and Love you with all of my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment