Friday, March 5, 2010

A DEAD STICK? (Numbers 17:8)

3/05/10 Numbers 17:8 "Now it came to pass on the next day that Moses went into the tabernacle of witness, and behold, the rod of Aaron, of the house of Levi, had sprouted and put forth buds, had produced blossoms and yielded ripe almonds." The rod represented in that culture the Israelites’ power and strength. Each leader from the 12 tribes brought their rod to see who was going to be chosen by God to represent Him. There was no doubt in anyone’s mind who God had chosen, because Aaron's rod became a living branch of an almond tree, bearing fruit in three different stages at once-buds, blossoms, and fruit. We see Aaron’s rod a symbol of strength living and alive producing fruit. The other tribes still had there same dead sticks, not productive or showing any signs of life. This reminds me of ME! I was once alive and productive in the work of God. Now I’m writing this Blog to you God and not touching anyone for your kingdom. I am behaving like a self-absorbed non-productive dead stick. I want to produce fruit. I felt disqualified for ministry for so long because I was stuck in my sin. (1 Corinthians 9: 24-27) “Don’t you realize that in a race everyone runs, but only one person gets the prize? So run to win! All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.” James 3: 1 “Dear brothers and sisters, not many of you should become teachers in the church, for we who teach will be judged more strictly.” I feel like you are calling back into ministry. God I know I am not prefect and I stumble at times. I want to be like King David when you Lord God said of him “'I have found David son of Jesse a man after my own heart; he will do everything I want him to do" (Acts 13:22).David wasn’t perfect, but he always repented and came back to God. Lord guide me and strengthen me for what you want me to do. Lead me by your holy spirit and help me not to be lead by the flesh, but by your spirit. Lord increase my faith!

No comments:

Post a Comment