Tuesday, March 30, 2010

God is Greater Than Our Heart (1John 3:20)

3/30/10 I sent out an Easter present to my wife xxxx today. It was the gift basket that I was supposed have given her for valentines day except that it got lost in the mail. I just received it about a week ago. As I was preparing the basket it looked a little sparse so I went looking for something to fill-in the empty space. As I was looking I just couldn’t make up my mind. I got real sad because I felt like I wanted the perfect item and I couldn’t find it. Then I realized that it doesn’t matter what I put in the basket, it isn’t going to make her say “Look at this beautiful gift! Why did I ever leave him? I want him back!” We have been separated now for almost a year and our communication is almost nonexistent. GOD I MISS HER!! I miss the bride of my youth. I miss the promise of partnership, the promise of growing old together, the promise of the security, the promise to have and to hold, I miss my friend I miss my partner, I miss my lover, I miss my wife. What I notice when reading over this short list. I guess I know the root of our marriage failure. It can be summed up in word MY. I was a very selfish man in our marriage. This selfishness translated into a-one-sided-boat-flipping-treading-water-drownig-sinking-death of a marriage. There was no way that we could have stayed afloat forever. Eventually we were going to get tired and sink. I’m not sure how long I am going to keep dwelling on my past sins(I guess at least this one more time). There goes that self defecating(I ment this word) talk again. I know that I’m not the same person I was a year ago. “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit”(Romans 8:1). I know I have been cleansed and washed by the blood of Jesus. “how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?(Hebrews 9:14). I know I am a new creation. “This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun (2 Corinthians 5:17). Lord I am claiming what you have said about me. I will no longer listen to myself or the demonic forces at work that wants to continually remind me of who I was. “knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin” (Romans 6:6). The word “I” Should no longer be in my vocabulary when referring to who I am. I need only to listen to what HE has to say about me. The “ I AM”(Exodus 3:14) is the only one I should listen to. “For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things”(1John 3:20 )

No comments:

Post a Comment