Tuesday, March 2, 2010

We can certainly conquer it! (Numbers 13:30 )

3/2/10 Lord I feels like I am a very fearful person lately. I get nervous in crowds and new situations, my confidence is gone. It’s seems like ever since my wife left me I have a hard time making the simplest of decisions. I was reading through the book of Numbers and it came to the part where the Israelites were spying out the land of Canaan. The report of the men was that the land is good, but the enemy(giants) are too great to conquer. “ But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. “Let’s go at once to take the land,” he said. “We can certainly conquer it!(Numbers 13:30 )” Caleb saw the giants and the fortified cities and believed the promises of God. The promise that God would give Israel the land. Caleb had faith in God not in men. It didn’t matter that what the circumstances were or how impossible it appeared. Caleb believed God PERIOD! He believed his word and he believed his promises. Lord I need help! I see your promises and I am too scared to grab them. I am so fearful and cower in a corner like a scared dog with his tail between his legs. I don’t want to be like this! I want to be a mighty warrior for you Lord Jesus. I don’t want to be afraid anymore. I know that “I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”(Philippians 4:13) Now that's a promise I want to hold on to!

No comments:

Post a Comment