Monday, May 31, 2010

"You are the man!” (2 Samuel 12:7)


5/31/10 I spoke to xxxx yesterday. I had asked her to pray one last time and seek the lord to see if she really wants to go through with the divorce (this was about a month ago). She said that she had prayed and that she is not coming back. So I am going to sign the papers for the divorce. I don’t think that this is Gods will, but I don’t know what else to do! I finally got conformation to my prayer about if God was going to restore my marriage or not about a month ago (James 1:5)I have been praying for this for over a year and I finally got an answer. I was just resisting what God was saying to me because I didn’t like what He said. I got my answer when I was reading in 2 Samuel 12. It’s the story when Nathan the prophet came to David and told the parable of the poor man who had one lamb whom he loved and a rich man took the lamb from the poor man in order to feed his guests. David said after hearing Nathan’s story that this person should be put to death. VS 7 “Then Nathan said to David, "You are the man!” He was referring to David about the adulterous affair with Bathsheba and the murder of Uriah her husband in order to cover it up. “Then David said to Nathan, "I have sinned against the LORD." Nathan replied, "The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die. But because by doing this you have made the enemies of the LORD show utter contempt, the son born to you will die” (2 Samuel 12:13). I felt like God was speaking to my heart in an almost audible way saying “although you are forgiven for what you have done there is still a consequence for your sin.” The consequence for my sin is that my marriage is going to die. “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption”(Galatians 6:7-8). Now I am reaping the harvest of the seeds I have planted throughout my marriage. I understand why xxxx won’t take me back and that she will always have on her mind if I am going to hurt her again and she just can’t/won’t take that chance. “After Nathan had gone home, the LORD struck the child that Uriah's wife had borne to David, and he became ill. David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and went into his house and spent the nights lying on the ground. The elders of his household stood beside him to get him up from the ground, but he refused, and he would not eat any food with them. On the seventh day the child died"(2 Samuel 12:15-18). I have prayed diligently, fasted, seeked God with all my heart, and grown closer to God then I have ever thought possible. I know without a doubt in my mind that God’s ways are perfect and “that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose”(Roman’s 8:28). I know God will bring out of this circumstance something good and I believe he already has. My prayer right now is for xxxx and that God “will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten”(Joel 2:25). Touch her heart Lord and make her stronger, happier, and full of your loving-kindness. I know you have a plan for her life just like you have for me. Draw her back to you Lord. Amen! The picture I posted is of the moon the last night I saw XXXX.

No comments:

Post a Comment