Sunday, May 9, 2010

Here am I. Send me! (Isaiah 6:8)


5/09/10 Yesterday morning I went to a meeting to be a small group facilitator for Celebrate Recovery. I have been going for about 11 months now and one of the leaders asked me if I would like to come for some training. It was a good meeting ( I think) but I’m not sure how much I got out of it because I came after my 12 hour shift that night 7pm-7am and the meeting went till 11am. I was a little tired!!!! I know God is leading me in that direction for now. “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, 4who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God (2cor 1:3-4). I was thinking the other day that I would like to buy a house. As I thought about it I realized that God might not want me to stay where I am. He might move me to another part of the country and I want to be open to whatever God has planned for me. “As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him (Mark 1:16-18). I am open to what ever you want me to do LORD. I know lately you have been telling me to wait, to be patient, to "Be still, and know that I am God(Psalm 46:10). I don’t want to do anything that is self motivated I want to do what You want me to do. “Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" Isaiah 6:8

1 comment:

  1. Wow! How exciting for you! I am so glad you are getting this opportunity to serve in such a great way. Love it. My old church has a Celebrate Recovery program and it is a huge help to so many people. So happy for you :) I don't know how you work those over night shifts....I'd fall asleep.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete