Saturday, May 22, 2010

I know that my Redeemer lives ( Job 19:25-27)

5/22/10 My mom when she was 60 years old said she wanted to get a scooter. When she said scooter I thought she meant like a Hoveround scooter that you see on TV or the kind you see people use on the streets with an engine. That wasn’t what she was talking about. She was talking about a scooter that you see 10 year old girls riding. The kind that you have one foot on the base of the machine and with the other foot you push on the ground in order to make it move. After I tried to convince her not to buy a scooter stating the various arguments of danger and general craziness. I went over her house one day to visit and I couldn’t fined her. The door was unlocked the car was in the driveway, but she was nowhere to be found. Then as I looked out the window and I saw my mom scooting past. I went outside and there she was scooting through her 55 or older retirement community. When she saw me she said she will be right back and she scooted away. 20 minuets later she comes back with a bag on the front handle bars with a half gallon of milk that she had gotten from the grocery store a half mile away. I said to her “ mom you can’t do this” she said “ why not” I said “because you look like a crazy woman” and she said “I don’t care”. This is just one example of many that describes my mother. I am often told I am just like her. My mom died on May 16, 2010 from a heart attack at the age of 64. I will miss her so much! “I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God; I myself will see him with my own eyes—I, and not another. How my heart yearns within me!” (Job 19:25-27) I know my mom is heaven with Jesus right now “We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord” (2 Corinthians 5:8). I am confident of her being in heaven because when I was sick with cancer I received Jesus as my personal savior. After six months of taking me to church and seeing the change in me my mom accepted Jesus as her personal savior and then after about six months my dad also received Jesus as his Lord and savior. “We know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose”(Romans 8:28). Cancer was the best thing that ever happened to me. What seemed at the time to be a complete tragedy God in His sovereign wisdom knew what it would take to get my attention, my mom’s attention, and my dad’s. Now I have the promise of being with Jesus one day, my mom is with Jesus and my dad is with Jesus. I’m not sure what good will come out of my mom’s death, but I know that God does and He has a plan. “My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine”(Isaiah 55:8).

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. I don't even know what to say. I'm so sad for you. My mom is dying so I can understand how hard it is for you. I will be praying for God's peace to surround you and His strength. I am just so sorry! I wish I could help....you have my prayers.

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete