Thursday, May 13, 2010

“Behold, I make all things new” (Rev. 21:5)


5/13/10 “Behold, I make all things new”(Rev. 21:5).
I’ve been doing a step study at church for about 10 months now. I was doing the forth step and it is “Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves”. As I made this list I started to feel condemned. I felt so awful looking at the list of things I have done in my past and I was overwhelmed with grief! I started doing that self talk thing I do so well Like “YOU ARE SUCH A PIG!” This is one of my favorite self-defeating sayings that I like to say to myself. There are others, but this is my favorite one. Then I went to the step study and I was reminded that the list I made is a list of who I was and NOT WHO I AM! “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new”(2 Corinthians 5:17). I am a new creation and I am never going back to the old man. “We know that our old sinful selves were crucified with Christ so that sin might lose its power in our lives. We are no longer slaves to sin. For when we died with Christ we were set free from the power of sin. And since we died with Christ, we know we will also live with him”(Romans 6:6-8). Praise God!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment