Sunday, May 16, 2010

Pain is weakness leaving the body


5/16/10 Lately I’ve been at a loss for words to write. I feel like I’m repeating the same themes over and over again. I just want to move on with my life. When am I going to learn the truths that God has already revealed to me? Do I have to feel it to learn it? Do I always have to learn through fiery trials and pain? I saw a shirt while I was at the gym and it read “Pain is weakness leaving the body”. Lord I feel like I’ve been through a lot of pain in my life. I do feel stronger then I have ever felt before. I know you are not a God who wants me to stay still, but I feel tired. I find that when I feel strong, when I feel like I just want to rest and relax this is when I am the most vulnerable. Then I don’t pursue You O Lord with the same vigor. I start slipping back to my old ways and go into cruise control. I should probably replace CRUISE CONTROL with SIN CONTROL. I find that when I go into this mode it is because I am not continually moving towards You and holiness. If I’m not moving forward towards You Lord Jesus, then I am moving backwards. The word “backwards” when translated from English to christianese is called “backslidden”. Paul gives the perfect words that were specifically written for me in the book of Galatians. “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up”(Galatians 6:9). May I continually move forward towards You and holiness. “Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light”(Matthew 11:28-30)

1 comment: