Thursday, June 17, 2010

The faithful love of the Lord never ends! (Lam 3:22)


6/17/10 20 “I will never forget this awful time, as I grieve over my loss. Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning”(Lamentations 3:20-22) I read this verse and it made me sad. I grieve my divorce. I grieve the loss of my beloved bride. I grieve the loss of my lover. I grieve the loss of my friend. The thing I learned through this destruction of a marriage is that Truly “the faithful love of the Lord never ends!”. I am thankful for His unfailing love, His chastening hand, His uncompromising word. I have come to understand in a greater way what Romans 8:28 says “that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” I can go down the list of things that happened in my life and see God’s divine will being done even in spite of myself. About three weeks ago my step father receive Jesus as his lord and savior! This last Saturday I had the privilege of helping baptizing him! The eternal perspective of my mom’s death was realized alter my step father got saved! Really all that matters here on earth is where we go after our short layover in the earthly terminal of life. Eternity is our final destination! WILL IT BE SMOKING OR NONSMOKING?!! LIFE OR DEATH?!!HEAVEN OR HELL?!! Does anything else matter? NO!!!! All that matters is that we will be with Jesus one day in heaven for all eternity. I’m not sure how God is going “to work together for the good” my divorce, but I know for certain He will. “Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely”(1 Corinthians 13:12).

3 comments:

  1. WOW! I am so thrilled about your step father. That is definitely good news. How awesome is it that you were able to be a part of the baptism too? Love it! And, God will work all of this out for your long range good. It is amazing how He does that isn't it?

    I like what you wrote in your last post about the names. You know it's funny too because my name is Jennifer and I always introduce myself that way but I always like it when people call me Jenny on their own. I must be going backwards....I like the more immature name ha ha.

    Hope you have a nice weekend!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I stumbled across your blog (the Lord?) and I want to be able to email you or message you. My husband is in your shoes and I am in your wife's shoes and I have an appt. to go see my lawyer today. I don't want a divorce but i feel like i have no choice. I am so encouraged to see your repentent heart.

    anyway, you can message me from my blogspot or email at chanin7@hotmail.com

    Blessings, Chanin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, stumbled onto your blog recently. I am in your shoes and face the very real possibility that my marriage is over. I know that it my actions (or even my lack of action) that has brought us to this point. Only God can heal and do a work in me, which is what has needed to happen for quite some time.

    As far as Romans 8:28 - funny that this seems to be your life verse at the moment as it is the one that I've been clinging to as well. For you, I think the good is coming about. You've recognized that it is Jesus that you need and that only He can fill your heart.

    Take care and keep posting.

    ReplyDelete