Saturday, April 3, 2010

Do Not Become Weary in Doing Good (Galatians 6:9)


4/03/10 I was reading through the book of Judges and I see a reoccurring theme. The Israelites will serve God for awhile and then they forget about Him and what He did for them. Then inevitably they would serve other gods and do “evil in the sight of the LORD” (Judges 4:1). Then God would hand them over to their enemies and the Israelites would eventually repent and God would deliver them. Lord I don’t want to go through this cycle anymore. I want to be obedient no matter what the circumstances are in my life. May I be constantly aware of the slightest deviance from You and your word. I want to have perseverance in my faith and “not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9). I have been a Christian for awhile now and I think it is about time that I start to be mature in my faith. “For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the first principles of the oracles of God; and you have come to need milk and not solid food. For everyone who partakes only of milk is unskilled in the word of righteousness, for he is a babe. But solid food belongs to those who are of full age, that is, those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil”(Hebrews 5:12-14). I feel like I have been going in the cycle as the Israelites did.I start out being on fire for the Lord and then eventually I become lazy in doing the basics of Christianity. Then eventually I fall away. The bare bone basic minimum Christianity for me is 1. read the bible(no matter how busy I am) 2. Pray for others and myself 3.serve others 4. Keep accountable to others 5. Evangelism. 6. Journaling(new thing for me) I find if I do these things I tend to stay out of trouble because I am less focused on myself and more focused on God and others. The journaling thing is new for me. I have been journaling for about five months and I feel like it helps me to get focused. It helps me focus on what’s going on in my life and I feel like God speaks to my heart. “God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him”(James 1:12).

No comments:

Post a Comment