Saturday, April 24, 2010

O LORD, My Strength (Psalms 18:1-2)


4/24/10 Lord I’ve been praying for my marriage to be restored for a year now and I think I have been obsessed with the idea of being reunited with xxxx. This obsession I have come to realize was at the expense of my physical and emotional wellbeing. Well maybe not my emotional wellbeing because you O Lord have changed me tremendously. I do recognize that you were tearing me down so you could build me up on a firm foundation. Psalms 18:1-2 “I will love You, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer; My God, my strength, in whom I will trust; My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.” I feel like my problem is right now that I am starting to noticing other women at work at church that I never noticed before. I’m not sure if I am trying fill this emotional void in my life that xxxx used to fill. I feel like I am on a discovery channel documentary. There is this deserted island and I am a baby penguin. There are hundreds of thousands of us and I just lost my mother. So I am franticly searching for her . Then I see someone who looks like or acts like her and I go up to her and say “are you my mother?” (What I’m really saying is are you going to fill this void in my life?) Then you see the mother penguin chaise away the baby. Then you see him go to another and the same thing happens over and over again. Until finally the camera does a close-up on the baby penguin alone, confused, abandoned, and chirping in the air with no one paying attention to him. “I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins. I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof” Psalms (102:6-7). Lord I don’t want to do this!! I need you to fill the void in my life. I need you to be my comfort. I need you to be my security! I need to be secure in you before I look for someone else. I guess I’m just tired of being lonely. I miss someone paying attention to me. I miss the love and affection. I miss the touch of a warm soft hand. I miss a tender kiss.
Lonely am I? Am I lonely?
A void am I Trying to fill,
to be filled by you only?
Compelled by my will,
for a security that is phony?
Lord you are the I AM,
the I AM that is true.
i am a lump of clay,
i am nothing without you.
So mold me and shape me,
as I yield to your will.
Make me a man you are able to fill.
A vessel of honor made by your loving hand.
It’s by your loving touch, that I can finally be a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment